Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do I have Bipolar Disorder?

First of all, only a trained professional, such as a general doctor, pysychologist, or psychiatrist can give you a definite diagnosis. If I remember correctly from my abnormal psychology class, one parent having a mental illness gives you a 25% chance of deloping one as well. From what you wrote, it sounds as if you may have depression. But there is more than the chemical imbalance depression. A lot of times, it is situational depression. And your parents could be right; going through puberty will really totally mess with your hormones. But as I said before, only a trained professional can give you a definite diagnosis. My roommate has been diagnosed with bipolar. And her moods are so crazy that its hard to talk to her about something. I never know if she will flow with the conversation or take it offensively and snap for no reason. She is also bad about going on shopping sprees with bill money. If you go to the website in my references, there is several different psychological tests; there is even one for bipolar. Maybe it can be more helpful/resourceful. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment